Monday, March 28, 2011

Get to Know a Grad!

 Editor's Note: This is the fourth installment of a semi-regular Get to Know a Grad feature! Enjoy!

Name: Kasey Christian

Hometown: Chapel Hill, NC

Undergraduate University/Degree: University of North Carolina at Asheville/Health and Wellness Promotion

What brought you to IslandWood? A plane. Sorry, not funny.  I was a Nanny in The Netherlands and learned about the program from a Grad and it sounded so amazing and then I applied.  A great motivation to come back to the U.S.

What is your favorite thing about IslandWood so far? The forest and all the creatures living in it.

What is your favorite thing about Bainbridge Island/Seattle/The Puget Sound so far?
  Natural beauty, sense of community, and coziness.

Who would you want to play you in the movie version of your life?  Claire Danes

Quick! Someone gave you 100 bagazillion dollars! What do you do with it?
Ah! It's so heavy!!! Take some! Wait, no...you tell me what you're gonna do with it first. Aw, I gotta get to the bank, then devise a plan...but I might stop for coffee and dessert on the way now that I can afford it...

Who do you most admire and why?  My parents. They're lovely. They love life.  They also helped make me.

What do you think you might do after IslandWood?  More studies. Work. Play. Both at once?

Shoutout time!  Any awesome organizations that you think deserve to be mentioned? UNC-Asheville Outdoors. Outward Bound NC.

No comments: